WEST NEWTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
The West Newton Public Library is searching for an organized, proactive leader to serve as its next library director. The director has the opportunity to set policy and procedures to build a foundation for future success.
The West Newton Public Library is a non-state aided library and part of the Westmoreland County Federated Library System. The library relies on a volunteer staff to provide services to the West Newton community.
- Public library experience
- Volunteer management experience
- Working knowledge of Polaris ILS
- Ability to, or willingness to learn how to, catalog items
- Fundraising experience
- Programming experience
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all Library Board and WCFLS Library Director’s meetings. Inform the Board of current library and system activities, operational or facility changes, and other issues that might require Board attention.
- Cultivate relationships and partnerships within the community.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Library’s collection.
- Plan fundraising events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stoop, bend and reach.
- Ability to work in an environment subject to continuous interruptions and background noises.
- Ability to lift/move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to meet a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to travel to meetings.
The library director will work 15 hours per week at the rate of $15.00 per hour. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until November 8, 2019.