Ligonier Valley Library in Ligonier, Pennsylvania is seeking an inspired and dynamic Youth Services Coordinator. This position requires an energetic and innovative person with drive for providing programs and services tailored to our small, vibrant community. This candidate will bring superior customer service skills and perform a variety of tasks to support library services primarily, but not limited to, children ages 10-17 and their families. This candidate will work closely with the Children’s Librarian and Library Director to execute the Library’s mission.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program and collection development for youth ages 10-17;
- Promoting library services through social media, community outreach, displays and other promotional materials and activities;
- Supporting strong partnerships with the Ligonier Valley School District in creating, planning and facilitating programs;
- Creating, planning and facilitating youth-driven, project-based programs and workshops designed to build skills in digital media, STEM, the maker movement and new emerging technologies;
- Facilitating a Teen Advisory Board;
- Collaborating with the Children’s and Youth Advisory Committee of the Westmoreland Library Network.
- Providing readers’ advisory and references services;
- Providing quality customer service to all ages
- Masters degree or Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Library Science, Education or related field;
- PA State Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Criminal Records Check and Mandated Reporter Training upon offer of employment
- Ability to take direction and work both independently and as a part of a team;
- Awareness of current Juvenile and Teen bestsellers and literary trends;
- A strong desire for and experience in community engagement;
- Demonstrated experience working with patrons of all ages in a public setting;
- Ability to facilitate youth in creative technology and learning;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience with grant writing a plus.
- Knowledge of current technologies and electronic resources; online catalog, Windows and MS Office; cataloging skills plus.
- Must be adaptable to changing work hours.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends, including Sundays;
- Moderate to substantial physical effort is required to perform duties under typical work conditions. The Youth Librarian is sometimes required to lift and or move 25+ pounds, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Salary and Benefits
- Start Salary of $35,000 annually.
- Excellent benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by May 1, 2019 to email@example.com.