Home » Yes, a staff member has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Inform staff member that he/she must stay home until each of the following conditions are met:
- At least 1 day (24 hours) has passed since recovery, defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in symptoms.
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared. (Source)
- Ask for a doctor’s note certifying a staff member’s ability to return to work after he/she tests positive for COVID-19.
- Remind staff who have tested positive or have been ordered to quarantine that they are entitled to up to two weeks of paid sick leave at their regular pay rate per Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
Has the staff member been in the building within the past seven days?