Position: Executive Director.
Exempt. 37.5 hours/week
Salary: $70,000 – $75,000 plus benefits.
Includes: 10 (ten) paid holidays; 15 (fifteen) days of annual leave (first 12 months); 10 (ten) sick days each calendar year; 1 (one) personal day each calendar year.
Reports to: Westmoreland County Federated Library System Board of Trustees (7-member board comprised of member library board members and County Commissioner appointees)
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program;
- Certification, PA Public Library Professional (or application upon hire).
- Minimum of 5 (five) years public library administration.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Department of Human Services Clearances (PA Child Abuse, PA State Policy Criminal History; FBI Criminal History).
- PA driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of professional library management, needs assessment, strategic planning; budget development and management; grant writing and administration, legislative advocacy (local and state); emerging trends relative to libraries and library services.
- Skilled in using and evaluating library automation systems, Microsoft Office applications, program development and evaluation, program management; developing, cultivating, and maintaining community partnerships; group facilitation, conflict resolution, communication (both written and oral), consensus building, and public speaking.
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on setting priorities and meeting deadlines (local, state and federal).
- Ability to be courteous, kind and yet tactful; establish and maintain positive working relationships within a small staff environment, with member library directors, staff and board members; build and sustain a professional working relationship with System Board members; assist the board in policy development; implement policies and procedures; maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work flexibly (evenings and weekends as needed); travel to local, state and regional meetings and member library milestone events; pay close attention to detail; set priorities and maintain a budget.
The Executive Director will work closely with the Board of Trustees to further the mission, advance the goals and objectives of the current Strategic Plan (2023 – 2025) and cultivate relationships with county stakeholders/partners. The Executive Director will maintain a positive and productive working relationship with member library directors, staff and boards. The administrative team includes a District Consultant Librarian, and IT Manager. Additional staff includes Interlibrary Loan Clerk, IT Support, and 4 delivery drivers.
The Westmoreland County Federated Library System is an alliance of 25 member libraries serving the residents of Westmoreland County. It also serves as the administrative unit for the Westmoreland District. The office is located in the GreenForge Building on the campus of the Westmoreland Conservation District. The location provides adequate parking for staff and District delivery vans.
Westmoreland County has a population of 362,717 and a rich history and cultural heritage in addition to being part of the scenic Laurel Highlands. www.golaurelhighlands.com
The System provides a robust, county-wide technology infrastructure that includes fiber connectivity at member libraries, Microsoft Office 365 and an ILS Network (Polaris). The office uses SharePoint and Teams for communication with member libraries, video conferencing, and as a hub for data, policies, and resources. The County has several working committees comprised of board members, member library directors and staff, as well as WCFLS Administrative staff.
A resume’ with 3 professional references should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate reviews will begin November 15, 2023, and continue until a candidate is chosen.
(Previous applicants need not apply.)